Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU is currently inviting all eligible candidates to send their applications for admission for the 2013-14 academic session in MBBS and BDS courses.
Institue of Medical Sciences, i.e. IMS of Benaras Hindu University, i.e. BHU is the one medical institution which has been consistantly maintaining its good rank between top 20 position in India among all other medical institutions. During the year 2012, it was rated as the 6th best medical institution in India. IMS of BHU has unique teaching faculties for each section of medical sciences. Thus it has well maintained complete seperate faculties for each medical categories such as Medicine, Ayurveda and Dental sciences.
Admission to MBBS and BDS courses for 2013 at IMS of BHU:
All NEET UG qualified students can apply for admission to these undergraduate courses. Interested candidates may download the application form from their official sources.
How to apply:
All interested NEET 2013 UG qualified student will have to register themselves directly to the Director, Institute of Medical Sciences. To register yourself you can get the application form from BHU and IMS website respectively. Registration fees of Rs. 1000/- is applicable for all General and OBC confidates and Rs. 600/- for ST and SC candidates.
Along with the application form you will have to send the registration fees as Demand Draft in favour of Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, payable at Varanasi by post. Your application for registration must reach the IMS Directorate on or before 15th April, 2013. All applications recieved after the deadline in any account, even for portal delays will not be considered as valid. All NEET 2013 successful students will have to sent their respective score cards within 15 days of declaration of the NEET results.
Admission to the MBBS/BDS courses will be held strictly based on the NEET 2013 UG merit list. There will be a tentative counseling on 4th July, 2013. All qualified applicants based on their NEET 2013 rank will receive a letter individually by registered post/speed post, indicating the exact date of counseling.
Allocation of available seats:
Allocation of seats will be done as per the bellow mentioned reservation list-
For MBBS Courses:
- Total number of seats : 84.
- 15%, i.e. 13 candidates of this will be admitted through All India Quota (for general counseling).
- And the rest 85%, i.e. 71 seats will be filled up through IMS, BHU counseling.
- These 71 seats will be distributed amongst the different categories as follows:- General – 36, OBC – 19, SC – 11 and ST – 5.
- Another 2 seats will be reserved among these 71 which will be given horizontally for 3% reservation for PC candidates as per the Goverment of India norms.
For BDS courses:
- Total number of available seats : 50. All of these will be filled up by IMS, BHU counseling.
- Distribution of these 50 seats amongst different categories will be as follows: General – 25, OBC – 13, SC – 8 and ST – 4.
- 1 seat will be given horizontally to the PC candidates as per the 3% reservation policy as per the Govt. of India norms.
1. Last date of submission of registration application form : 15th April, 2013.
2. Date of tentative counseling : 4th July, 2013.
3. Final date of counseling will be sent to the selected candidates through registered post/speed post.
IMS, BHU Contact details:
Director, Institute of Medical Sciences
Banaras Hindu University,
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
PIN – 221005.
Phone number: 91-542-2367568, 91-230-7500, 91-230-9450.
Email: [email protected]
Website: http://www.imsbhu.nic.in and http://www.bhu.ac.in