Microsoft has launched its latest version Windows 10 on 29 July 2015. Almost half of the people around have changed to Windows 10. Did you change to the latest version? Don’t you want to enjoy the new feature like fast browsing, direct sharing, note feature provided etc.? The session following describes how to get Windows 10 installed in your system to enjoy the facilities.
Requirements for Windows 10
The requirement of Windows 10 is similar to that of Windows 7. They are:
- Processor: 1GHz CPU or faster
- RAM: 1GB (32-bit) or 2GB (64-bit)
- Disk space: 16GB (32-bit) or 20GB (64-bit)
- Graphics: DirectX 9-capable video card along with WDDM driver
Before installing Windows 10, users should make sure that the free space available is 16GB. You can get the Windows 10 version in your system by many ways.
- The first option is to buy a new PC with Windows 10 installed
- Upgrade the existing Windows 7 or 8.1.
- Perform a clean installation from a windows disk or USB flash drive
Let us perform a clean installation of Windows 10.
What do you mean by clean installation?
In clean installation process, you are formatting the existing OS installed partition. Once when the clean installation is done, user will have to install all the applications again. Upgradation process is the just opposite of this. In that, all the applications that were previously installed remain the same.
Why clean installation?
It is always recommended to go for clean installation. During clean installation, all the space-consuming files created by the earlier application will be removed, removes existing virus, Trojans as well as the files that are not cleaned due to improper uninstallation of any applications.
Installation Step By Step
- Plug-in the bootable medium of Windows 10 and restart the PC
- Press “Esc” key or “F12”, depending upon the BIOS to select your Windows 10 installation medium.
- Boot into the selected medium and wait for the Windows Setup window to select the language as well as keyboard layout.
- Choose the “Next” button to proceed further.
- Tap the “Install Now” button for performing clean installation.
- Enter “Product key”, if you have else skip the step.
- If your installation media contains multiple edition of Windows 10, select the required edition and move.
- Agree with the license statements and proceed.
- To go with clean installation, choose “Custom: Install Windows Only (Advanced)”.
- Partition Steps:
- Select all the drives of previously installed OS (if any) and delete them one by one. Then, create new partition.
- Else, perform the partition for the new Windows OS.
- Proceed with “Next” button to start the installation and wait for restarting.
With this, we come to end of installation. You can either unplug the installation medium or stay connected, if required.
The configuration is as following;
- When you complete installation, the window leads to the configuration process.
- Choose either “Customize Settings” or “Use Express Settings”
- Choose the ‘Personalization’ and ‘Location’ setting as required and move on by pressing “Next”.
- Switch On or Off the “Browser & protection” and “Connectivity & error reporting” settings as per the need. Then wait for a moment.
- Choose “I do” option
- If you want to create, “Local Account” skips the Microsoft Account creation steps.
- Create username and password for the “Local Account” and proceed.
- Wait for finalizing the setup process. Once the completion is done, you will be asked to provide the credentials to login.
Now, you have done with your Windows 10 configuration.
Note: In “Use Express Settings”, first two steps of “Customize Setting” will be carried out by default.
Hope the steps will guide you with the installation of Windows 10 in your system.
If you like this post, then please consider re-tweeting it or sharing it on Facebook.